Wednesday, June 25, 2014

CSOs are too rotten to liberate Uganda



Vincent Nuwagaba

How come I am being unable to post critical comments on my wall, what could be the problem. The first in the morning was an insider's analysis of self-seeking activist groups self-christened human rights defenders. I had written my experience that spans for more than 10 years starting with JYAK, FHRI, NCG (which though is a consultant group but recruits HRDs for other organiations), LEMU, NOTU, PLA (via the Coalition on social security and other labour matters given my keen interest in socio-economic rights but also my academic specialty on workers' rights), ACCU (whose past leader Jasper Tumuhimbise was a living saint whereas the current one Cissy Kagaba is a cunning, crafty and shrewd propagandist who is more corrupt than corruption, HURINET whose de jure Chief Executive Officer Mohammed Ndifuuna but its de jure leader Patrick Tumwiine have millions of questions that he cannot answer. Patrick, let me not say anything. Come to ACTV. That ACTV that spearheads the Coalition against torture of which I was an initial member from the very first day could connive with the torturous police and the late Dr Tom Onen (I doubt he is in heaven for died without confessing his mortal sin he committed against me, but I leave judgement for the Lord. I forgive him posthumously but I do not know whether it is possible to forgive the soul that has already been detached from the body and the mind), later on ACTV together with FHRI killing my case to the extent that when from the UN Geneva office when I was referred to Tabitha of the Eastern East and Horn of Africa Human Rights Defenders Project, I was flatly FHRI is handling my case. Then come to Notu. Ongaba himself was a saint. But I have never seen a hypocrical social group like that of trade unions. LEMU, the torture I went through inflicated on me by Judy, Ruhanga akurinde. Come to Nordic Consulting Grroup with women Stella Mukasa, Allen Asiimwe who even gathered the guts to threaten me that she was a Mukiga as if she had known whether I am not. In fact, the alumni of HUGGO under the support of Danida need to form an alumni association so that we redirect the human rights movement using a professional and intellectual angle. Moses Khisa, Julie Nabwire, and all those from the masters class of human rights, law, gender and ethics and public management, you have a tale to tell. Ask Prof Oloka about my allegations, ask Sango Mwanahewa the then internship coordinator, ask Dr Rukooko. I am fully convinced that part of the reason why such a golden opportunity was stopped was because of NCG's corruption.

I was later to be told that NCG is the one that stood at the centre of denying me jobs at HURINET and possibly at FOWODE never mind that for FOWODE I received a regret letter that my application was the very best. When I asked Patricia Munabi as she found me in our office at FHRI why I would not be shortlisted for an interview, she had no answer. So, how do we rely on groups and individuals that have no beliefs to liberate us? These are shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment