Wednesday, February 1, 2017

MY PhD Fellowship at MISR

News Feed

Fwd: My PhD Fellowship Inbox
Add star staff-owner@lists.mak.ac.ug<staff-owner@lists.mak.ac.ug> Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 9:40 AM
To: vnuwagaba@gmail.com
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
You are not allowed to post to this mailing list, and your message has
been automatically rejected. If you think that your messages are
being rejected in error, contact the mailing list owner at
staff-owner@lists.mak.ac.ug.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vincent Nuwagaba <vnuwagaba@gmail.com>
To: academicstaff <academicstaff@lists.mak.ac.ug>, staff <staff@lists.mak.ac.ug>
Cc:
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:05:52 +0300
Subject: Fwd: My PhD Fellowship
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vincent Nuwagaba <vnuwagaba@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 08:36:06 +0300
Subject: Re: My PhD Fellowship
To: Mahmood Mamdani <mm1124@columbia.edu>
Dear Prof Mamdani,
All along I knew that by telling me to reapply, you were setting a
bait for me. If this is what you are using as evidence of my fresh
application, I am ready to meet you in the courts of law. But I can
assure you that I will not sue you Prof Mamdani for you are not the
bone who admits or cancels admissions.
Rather, I will sue the University and the respondents will be the
Academic Registrar and the Director Research and Graduate Studies Prof
Buyinza.
You will also explain when you cancelled my admission, how and where
you drew the powers to do so.
I am forwarding this email to the academic registrar, Prof Buyinza and
the vice chancellor.
Best,
Vincent Nuwagaba
On 10/24/14, Mahmood Mamdani <mm1124@columbia.edu> wrote:
> dear Vincent Nuwagaba,
>
> On June 26, 2014, you applied for admission to the Interdisciplinary PhD
> Program at MISR as part of the class entering in January 2015. I responded
> that same day and advised you to submit a complete application. Since this
> was never received at MISR, you were thus not considered for admission in
> January, 2015. I am pasting the relevant correspondence below.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mahmood Mamdani
> Executive Director
>
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Mahmood Mamdani <mahmood.mamdani@columbia.edu>
>> Subject: Re: Vincent SOP for 2015
>> Date: June 26, 2014 at 11:19:00 AM EDT
>> To: Vincent Nuwagaba <vnuwagaba@gmail.com>
>> Cc: Mahmood Mamdani <mm1124@columbia.edu>, "simon.musoke"
>> <simon.musoke@misr.mak.ac.ug>, Mute Bante <kalawyer1@yahoo.co.uk>
>>
>> Vincent,
>>
>> You need to submit a complete application, which includes reference
>> letters and you will have to pay an application fee to cover the
>> administrative cost of processing your application.
>>
>> Mahmood
>>
>>
>> On Jun 26, 2014, at 5:09 PM, Vincent Nuwagaba <vnuwagaba@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Prof Mamadani and Simon,
>>>
>>> Kindly, receive my SOP for the 2015. I have chosen to send it early
>>> enough for I do not know what may happen tomorrow.
>>>
>>> I am surely going out of Kampala any day any time soon and I had to
>>> submit this new SOP early enough. I beg to be advised whether I need
>>> fresh reference letters. I also beg to be advised whether and not why
>>> I would have to pay fresh application fees?
>>>
>>> I humby submit,
>>>
>>> Vincent Nuwagaba
>
>
>
> On Oct 22, 2014, at 6:24 AM, Okello Ogwang <okellogwang@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Mr Nuwagaba,
>> Thanks for your email. As DVC (AA) I do not have the official details of
>> your admission to the MISR programme. As a MISR research associate I
>> participated in evaluation of SOME applications. But I did not participate
>> in the selection process at MISR to avoid conflict of interest. I
>> therefore have difficulty in seeing how I can be of use to you. But I copy
>> this mail to Prof Mamdani so that he can shed further light on the matter.
>> Sincerely,
>> Okello Ogwang, DVC (AA).
>> Sent from my iPho
>>> On Oct 21, 2014, at 5:u14 PM, ought Vincent Nuwagaba
>>> <vnuwagaba@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The DVC Academic Affairs,
>>> Makerere University
>>>
>>>
>>> Dear Sir,
>>>
>>> I write to further inform you that I won a fellowship at MISR for the
>>> academic year starting January 6, 2014. However, for reasons best
>>> understood by Prof Mamdani I was not allowed to join my class.
>>>
>>> Neither did anybody formally write to me nor was the academic
>>> registrar informed and owing to various discussions I have had with
>>> the VC, what Prof Mamdani did was both illegal and illegitimate.
>>> Accordingly, the cancellation and/or suspension of my admission was
>>> void ab initio.
>>> Nonetheless, I do not want to live in the past. Mistakes are made and
>>> rectified. Accordingly, I request for confirmation as to whether or
>>> not I will report for the Jan 2015 intake.
>>>
>>> I am hopeful that you will have a discussion with Prof Mamdani and an
>>> amicable conclusion will be arrived at.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much.
>>>
>>> Vincent Nuwagaba
>>> +256702843552
>

No comments:

Post a Comment